- Senior Research Scholar & William J. Perry Fellow in International Security, Center for International Security and Cooperation (CISAC), Stanford University
- Lecturer, Public Policy Program & Institute of Design (the d.school), Stanford University
- Executive Director, Synthetic Biology Leadership Excellence Accelerator Program (LEAP)
- Human Practices Co-Chair, Safety & Security Committee Member, international Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) Competition
- Faculty, How to Grow (Almost) Anything, the Academany
- Consultant, Building with Biology: Multi-Site Public Engagement with Science Project
- Synthetic Biology Advisory Group Member, Department of Energy (DOE) Joint Genomics Institute (JGI)
- Deputy Director of Policy & Practices, National Science Foundation (NSF) Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center (Synberc), University of California Berkeley
- Research Scientist, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences (QB3), University of California Berkeley
- Affiliate Researcher, Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI), Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Endy Lab, Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University
- Graduate Research Fellow, Lauffenburger Lab, Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Steering Committee Member, MIT Technology and Culture Forum
- Executive Member, MIT Science Policy Initiative
- Undergraduate Student, Engineering Chemistry, Queen's University Canada
I am a Canadian citizen and US Permanent Resident. My parents and younger sister live in my hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
I am married to the amazing Stephen D. Comello. Along with our cat Smith, we live in Mountain View, California.
I enjoy many athletic pursuits, cooking, photography, gardening and tiny spoons.